I'm a professor of software engineering
at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Gothenburg
and Chalmers University of Technology
, in Sweden. My main research interests are in the area of secure software engineering, with focus on:
- Privacy-by-design and security-by-design (threat analysis, precise modeling and analysis of security & privacy properties in software architecture, patterns)
- Empirical methods for security (controlled experiments and mining software repositories)
I spend my spare time taking photographs (see my photos here).
Prof. Riccardo Scandariato received his PhD in Computer Science in 2004 from Politecnico di Torino, Italy. In 2005, he was a post-doctoral researcher at Politecnico di Torino, with the Software Engineering research group. In 2006, he joined the DistriNet research group at KU Leuven, Belgium.
In 2014, he moved to Gothenburg (Sweden) and joined the department of Computer Science and Engineering, which is shared between the Chalmers University of Technology and the University of Gothenburg.
Prof. Scandariato's main research interests are in the area of secure software engineering, with a particular focus on (i) privacy & security by design and (ii) empirical methods for security. He has published over 80 papers in the area of security and software engineering.
He regularly participates to the Program Committees of several top-rated conferences in the area of security and software engineering.
I am the co-author of over 80 publications. Click here for a complete list. This is my Google Scholar page.
I have the privilege of supervising the following PhD students:
Former PhD students
- Koen Buyens, graduated in January 2012. Analyzing software architectures for least privilege violations
- Thomas Heyman, graduated in March 2013. A formal analysis technique for secure software architectures
- Kim Wuyts, graduated in January 2014. Privacy Threats in Software Architectures
- Koen Yskout, graduated in April 2013. Connecting security requirements and software architecture with patterns
See this page for a list of conferences and workshops I am and have been involved in.